Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year everyone! How was your New Year's? What did you do to ring in 2009?

We didn't go out to the lake so I spent the night in my room playing Wii with my cousin and we counted down, toasted with a glass of water (for me) and a glass of milk (for her) then we went to bed! :)

I made my first turkey dinner on Tuesday! It turned out really good, if I do say so myself! :D

Here are some picks:

The turkey!



Us eating my lovly meal. (Clockwise: Grandma, my dad, me and my cousin)

I made everything from scratch all by myself! :)

Instead of a Joke of the day I'm going to give you a quote of the day from House!

House Quote Of the Day:

"My dad needs a new kidney?"

"No, his are fine. we just thought it would be cool if he had three"

TTFN, Lexi

4 comments:

  1. We didn't do anything exciting. Went to Marty's cousin's place & just after midnight went home. Your dinner pics still look good, even if I'm tired of turkey. :D ttyl

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, a test drive-comment. I'm having difficulty getting my comments to post. Here goes nadah-- wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay. ***rolls up sleeves*** let's see if I can get this pot to cook. I'm going to try posting it in parts, 'cause the whole won't take. Part One: New Year's Eve found Puppet (my daughter), Billy (my husband), the life of our party, Jane (our dog wearing a miniature party hat, several Technicolor leis, and --seconds after midnight-- about 15 pounds of spent streamers) and I gathered 'round the television with Anderson Cooper and Kathy Griffin, who helped us to bring in 2008. (Kathy Griffin was a riot! She was over-the-topping her regular over-the-top, if you can imagine that!) As the ball dropped, we raised our also "non-alkie-holic" beverages high (Puppet = milk; Billy = Coca Cola fix; Jane = water dish; and me = wine glassful of Fresca ***begins singing like an old soda commercial*** It's a blizzard! It's a Blih-hi-hi-hi-hi-hi-hizzzard! ***realising there's a major possibility that Dogisms has no idea what is being acted out, suddenly stops singing*** (To be continued.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sparkle's comment continued - Part TWO: Uh. Where was I? Oh, yeah! Super looking bird! YUM, right? I thought so! Nice family shot, too! I bet your gramma is simply a sweetheart, and your cousin looks like she's a lot of fun! (Contageous smile!) That's your dad?! He's so young! Wait, maybe I'm just old. LOL! And you're looking as cute and delightful as ever! Is your momsy taking the picture? It's good to see you and your family. It warms my cockles when families are so close! Happy New Year to you all!

    ReplyDelete